Special Interest in Metabolic Health
I became a dietitian because I believe everyone should be able to live a healthy and happy life, where food is enjoyed and celebrated. Before studying nutrition, I was constantly overwhelmed by the endless amount of conflicting information on food and health that can be found online. Between Paleo, Keto, Atkins, Intermittent Fasting, juice cleanses and more, I was confused…
How can I eat in a way that is healthy and enjoyable?
Is it even possible?
Four years of studying the science of nutrition and eating behaviours taught me that no foods are ‘good’ or ‘bad’, and all foods can be included in our diet in a way that is healthy and enjoyable. No deprivation, and more importantly…no dieting!
I want to show you what I have learnt and how you can improve your health through diet (without needing to study for 4years!)
So, if you’re looking for a dietitian who will support quick, drastic weight loss with the latest fad diet, unfortunately I’m not the dietitian for you. Why? Firstly, you’ll re-gain the weight shortly after losing it, and secondly, you’ll be miserable in the process.
If you’re looking to feel confident that the food you’re eating will:
- support your weight loss or help you manage your weight
- supply important nutrients for your best physical and mental health
- provide you with long lasting energy
- be delicious and satisfying
Then you’ve come to the right place.
During our consults, I will
- explain the science behind healthy eating
- show you how you can make healthy and sustainable changes to your eating to help you manage your weight
- provide you with practical strategies to help you achieve your health goal
- show you how to modify recipes to improve their nutrition
- provide strategies to help you when eating out and socialising with friends
- troubleshoot any challenges that may arise on your food journey (eg overeating, grazing, binging etc).
I am an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD). I studied a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Newcastle with 1st Class Honours for my thesis on food intake and eating behaviours in young people who have had bariatric surgery.
I am passionate about working with people on their bariatric surgery journey, as I have seen firsthand how it has changed my clients lives. Unlike some health professionals, I understand that weight loss is not as easy as eating less and moving more. I provide a judgement free zone, where my clients can share their struggles freely, and be provided with realistic and achievable advice/strategies.
It is important to me that weight loss is not the only measure of health; I will help guide you on the path to reaching your health goals, whether that be improving your energy levels, mood, sleep, your overall confidence and quality of life.
Alex focuses on Metabolic Health and can help you with:
- Bariatric surgery support (pre- and post-surgery)
- Weight management (weight gain/loss)
- Healthy eating (non-diet approach)
- Metabolic conditions (diabetes and insulin resistance)
- Cardiovascular disease, dyslipidemia, high cholesterol or blood pressure
[yikes-mailchimp form=”7″ description=”1″]