Special Interest in Whole Foods & Plant Based Nutrition
I’ve had a love-affair with food for as long as I can remember. I have vivid memories of delicious smells of frying onion, garlic, and spices wafting through the house, signifying it was time to dig in.
My mother’s talent in the kitchen was a defining feature of my childhood, with friends and family travelling from all over to share the love and passion my mum put into her cooking. Inspired by this, I quickly became interested in why some food made me feel full of enthusiasm and energy, and why some made me want to curl up in bed and sleep the day away.
In search of this energy and vitality, I began to notice that I was naturally steering away from dishes heavy in animal products, and as I did, my energy levels, concentration, skin, nails and hair began to improve. I made the full transition to plant-based eating the day I moved out of home to university. Not only did I now have to figure out how to eat in a way that would continue to give me these benefits, but I also had to learn how to cook these foods on a budget and using techniques that would keep me excited to continue a plant-based lifestyle.
Although initially motivated by health, I continue to learn more and more about how living plant-based, or even reducing your intake of animal products, can affect the world around us. As our environment suffers from the effect of climate change, and cruelty to animals worsen as companies feel increasing pressure on production, eating plant based makes me feel like I’m doing my part to help. This is what motivates me as a dietitian.
As a dietitian, my philosophy is centred around making what you eat work for you, and not the other way around. I emphasise reaching your goals by figuring out the how and not just the what. I believe that everyone should feel empowered to take control of their own health, and I can give you the skills to make this your reality. Backed by the most up-to-date research, I want to work with you to make eating plant-based enjoyable, sustainable, stress free and healthful.
I am an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD), graduating from the University of Wollongong’s Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours) program, so I have a good understanding of the science and how to apply this information to help you with practical changes to improve your health. I have also worked in marketing for the food wholesale industry, so I understand the different pushes and pulls that influence our food choices.
I am committed to helping everyone to eat more plants and improve their health.
Whether you are 100% plant-based whole-food Vegan, Vegetarian or you prefer plant-focused eating styles such as Pescatarian or Mediterranean diet, I can help you:
- Meet all your nutrient needs on a balanced plant-based diet
- Transition to eating a plant-based diet
- Learn how to meal plan to meet your nutrient needs
- Optimise your nutrient intake of specific nutrients eg iron
- Create an Individualised Meal Plan optimised to achieve your nutritional requirements on a Plant-Based Diet*
- Learn how to reduce your risk of health issues by increasing plants in your diet
- Optimise your plant-based diet to address your health needs or reduce your health risks including
- Weight management, including weight loss and weight gain
- Diabetes, pre diabetes and insulin resistance
- Cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, dyslipidemia, and high blood pressure
* Individualised Meal Plans are an optional add-on to you Initial Consultation. If you would like a 3, 5 or 7 day personalised meal plan that is 100% tailored to you energy and nutrition needs, complete with interchangeable recipes and shopping list please mention this in your initial consult. Dana will spend time personalising the meal plan to meet your nutritional requirements, tastes and eating patterns. Additional fees apply.
If you would like to see Dana to discuss other health issues please email or call us to find out how she can help.
Latest from Green Food plant-based blog
Hello beauties! Today’s blog is all about how to use the Easy Diet Diary app to get the most from your nutrition consult with myself, or perhaps one of the…
Do you feel like this li’l fella around Christmas time? I know I sure have before… photo credit @nina09 To over-simplify the matter, on the Christmas lunch or dinner table,…
Festive Wellness Tips I’ve already shared some helpful tips on managing other people at Christmas time in my Vegan Christmas Survival tips blog. But what about yourself?? We all know…
Now as I’m sure you know, Christmas is a time that can bring a lot of anxiety to anyone who has chosen not to consume animal products. So below are…
Welcome to my third article on soy bean based foods, where I help to debunk myths around whether soy foods are healthy or harmful. In my first article found,…