Has your weight been creeping up on you recently? Or have you been trying to lose weight for a while?
Our Dietitians understand that losing body fat isn’t easy. And for most people that do manage to lose weight (often through restrictive eating /dieting and/or intense exercise), it’s re-gained (sometimes plus extra) not long after. Can you relate? This can not only have a negative impact on physical health, but also mental and emotional well-being!
So rather than promising you unrealistic long-term weight-loss solutions, we believe in taking a much more positive approach to you looking after yourself. As food and nutrition experts, we can help you find ways to change eating habits that you feel are unhelpful, but also consider your activity, sleep, stress, hormones, medications and medical conditions – as these are all important pieces of the puzzle!
Some of the ways we may be able to help you include:
- Making suggestions for meal and snack ideas
- Identifying and reducing times when you eat for reasons other than hunger
- Reducing the frequency that you eat past fullness (e.g. large portions)
- Learning to better listen to your hunger and fullness cues
- Meal planning and food preparation tips
- Suggestions for balancing meals with foods that will nourish your body
- Normalising your eating (ditching food rules if you have a history of dieting) so that your eating is flexible, enjoyable and satisfying
- Finding movement and activities you enjoy for fun and to improve your fitness, mobility, muscle and bone density, physical and mental health, and general well-being.
If you have a long history of dieting, you may benefit from reading and enquiring about the Non-Diet Approach to weight management here.
Each of our dietitians take a slightly different approach. Read more about our dietitians here or send through an email enquiry to find out who will be best suited to your needs.
Consult packages that may be of interest:
If you’re looking to lose weight following a plant-based or plant-focused eating pattern our pant-based dietitian Dana is your best choice.
I am committed to helping everyone to eat more plants and improve their health. I believe that everyone should feel empowered to take control of their own health, and I can give you the skills to make this your reality… view bio