Intuitive eating refers to understanding and responding to your body cues of hunger, fullness and appetite. It includes distinguishing between physical hunger and other factors relating to appetite such as emotional feelings, boredom, habit etc.
On the surface, eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you are no longer hungry may sound simple. But for some people this is difficult, as their in-build ability to eat intuitively has been overridden by years of mindless/distracted eating, cultural food beliefs and food rules, or dieting (being told what, when and how much to eat).
For many people, learning to re-connect and listen more to their body, and less with their thoughts, results in a more positive relationship with food. This can in turn assist with the following concerns many of our clients come to see us for:
- frequently eating large amounts of food past their feeling of fullness
- all-or-nothing mindset to eating
The ‘Intuitive Eating’ program helps you to learn how to:
- Understand what drives or influences you to eat.
- Trust your body to tell you when, what and how to eat (encompassing mindful eating).
- Eat in a flexible way that honours hunger, fullness, appetite and pleasure, and removes any food judgement.
- Nourish your body (and mind) with foods you enjoy.
- Use self-care as a motivator to guide your eating experiences.
- Have a more positive relationship with your food, body and mind.
The intuitive Eating package includes:
- 1 x 60 minute initial consultation
- 4 x 30 minute follow-up consultations
- All with our dietitian Amanda Moon. Some ‘homework’ is recommended.
Cost: You can choose to pay for individual consultations, otherwise a discounted rate of $410 (15% disc.) is offered for upfront payments.
Our dietitians who offer this package: