Welcome to Green Minded Nutrition. A space for all things plant-based.
My name is Amber Sewell-Green, and I’m the plant-based (vegan) dietitian and nutritionist at Newtown Nutrition in Sydney’s Inner West who will be running this page/blog.
I thought I’d start by explaining a little bit about what this pocket of the interwebs is all about and what you can expect to find here:
- The latest quality (evidence-based) research and studies around plant-based (wholefood) nutrition
- Vegan and plant-based nutrition facts
- Myth busting! Essentially clarifying fact from fiction
- Tips and tricks to make vegan wholefood living a breeze
- The occasional delicious/healthy plant-based recipe
- Awesome/ethical/health promoting products, apps, books and movies that will change your life for the better
Now just to clarify this blog is NOT about:
- guilt or shaming (food or body or lifestyle)
- fad or quick-fix diets
- what I eat in a day
- ‘vegan propaganda’
- confronting or disturbing images
- unsubstantiated nutrition “bull****” or
- rare hipster ingredients that cost you a week’s worth of pay.
Sidenote: the terms vegan and plant-based will be used interchangeably in this blog. As when I refer to vegan foods I mean actual ‘natural’ plant ingredients as opposed to processed foods like Oreos or fast food like Lord of the Fries. Likewise, these ‘plant-foods’ I talk about will not contain any animal products/derivatives and therefore be vegan.
I am trained in how to actually evaluate the literature and separate high-quality evidence from the ‘dodgy’ biased stuff and then translate it into something that will actually be practical for you. Sooo in summary, this is a space to provide you with trustworthy information and then let you make the decisions for yourself.
Finally, don’t let me make all the assumptions! I’m not a mind reader. Tell me what YOU WANT to hear about in the comments below. What vegan and plant-based info can I help you with?
“People eat meat and think they will become as strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass.” -Pino Caruso
Here’s a sneak peak into what’s to come…
- First ever video of why I became a vegan dietitian
- What does the phrase “wholefoods plant-based” actually mean??
- Plant Based ‘On-The-Go’ Breakfast Bars
Don’t miss out on my new posts! Subscribe to our Newtown Nutrition Newsletter HERE